My Filipino ladyboy girlfriend and I started with a long distance relationship. At the beginning, it was all virtual and all online, with some trips to Asia to be with her a couple of weeks in the year… And then I moved to the Philippines last year, and we are now living together and everything’s going well.
An aspect of that long distance relationship was about sending her gifts and showing her (and proving her) my love and seriousness. I believe it is very important because we can’t be physically together to normally show how we care for each other. So I usually sent her gifts for the special occasions like Christmas, birthday and Valentine’s day. In some cases, I send her little inexpensive gifts such as flowers, teddy bears and greeting cards without the need for a special occasion, just to show her my love and to surprise her.
I am glad to state now that it paid off, because I won her heart. The idea of sending her money instead of gifts also came along. Because with money, she can buy things that she likes or needs more than what I can think of buying her. Sending money to your ladyboy girlfriend (if she lives in third-world country like most of the countries in South East Asia: Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, …) is a big issue actually, and you should think twice before doing it, as it requires your relationship to be already based on trust and honesty.
Why would you send money to your ladyboy girlfriend, in the first place?
Did I send money to my ladyboy girlfriend? Oh yes I did. I sent her money not because I am rich or to impress her. I sent money because I felt there is a need for me to do so. My girlfriend lives in the Philippines, which is a third-world country. Some research on Google will tell you that the average salary is around $200 a month, and that the number of people living in poverty is going beyond the highest heights. She was a student at that time, and she was dependent on her family who was not really supporting her effort to transition from boy to girl. Therefore she had of course issues in paying for her tuitions and for her “ladyboy expenses” at the same time, i.e HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy), girl clothes, make up and beauty products… This is mandatory for all ladyboys, and yeah, it costs more to be a ladyboy than to be a real girl!
I opted to send her some money to help her pay for her needs and for he transition. And that was rewarding for me too because I could see her blooming and becoming more and more beautiful, feminine and passable (she is totally passable actually). That also proved my love and trust to her, and I know she never spent the money for other things that what we agreed on.
Again, be careful and think twice, I have been lucky enough to be with a honest and genuine girl, but you have to be wise before sending money to your Asian ladyboy girlfriend, and here is a list of Dos and Don’ts for you to help you think and make the right decision.
Dos and Don’ts in sending money to your Ladyboy girlfriend
- Do send her money ONLY if it is important or urgent. Sending her money so that she can chill out at the mall, pay drinks to her friends or such… this is not what she should do with your money! Buying food, medicines, hormones, Internet bills… these are good reasons to use your money.
- Do ask her what is the money for, what is she going to do with it, investigate and if possible ask for proofs or receipts if applicable. But explain to her why you ask for proofs, that it’s to strengthen the trust between you and make your couple stronger. Asians have the tendency to think that westerners are all rich and have an unlimited amount of money in their bank account. She must understand that you are working hard to earn that money, and that you have no reason to give it to anybody unless you have deep feelings for her.
- Do always record the money that you send to her. Keep track of the date, the time and the amount. This way, you know how much you have invested and you know when to stop or to limit yourself.
- Do not send big amounts of money. Investigate first for the reality of the prices in the country of your girlfriend. Commodities are usually way cheaper than it is in US/Europe, don’t let her abuse you…
- Do not send her money every day every week every month, send her only if needed. Actually, don’t send money on a regular basis, she shouldn’t feel that sending money to her is a normal thing. It is an exceptional thing.
- Do not send gifts and money both at the same time. Sending money IS a gift.
- Do not tolerate her if she keeps on asking for money, learn to say no. And let her understand why you can’t. That even if you come from a richer country, money is not growing in your garden… Explain it in a nice way though.
- Do not make her feel that you have a lot money, so she will not love you because of your money alone. That’s the worst thing that could happen to you. Besides the money, there are plenty of others things that Asians appreciate in Westerners, believe me.